Watch out for companies calling and selling services claiming to have a special relationship with or claiming to be representing Google.
Google will never send an unsolicited message asking you to provide your password or other sensitive information by email or through a link.
A Few Popular Scams:
1. Google AdWords Impersonation Scam - You receive an unsolicited phone call or email from someone claiming to be from Google AdWords. They inform you of a change in billing for payments to your Google Adwords account.
2. Google Top Placement/SEO Scam - Google never guarantees top placement in search results or AdWords.
3. Google Maps/SEO Fake Invoices - Google does not charge for inclusion in Google Maps.
4. Google Pop-up Scam - Google does not offer spontaneous prizes in this format and you will not win a prize by completing the survey or entering your personal information. Close out of the pop-up window and do not enter your personal information.
5. Google Account Recovery Scam via SMS Messages - Google will not send you a text message that asks you to respond by text or phone call to verify your identity if your account has been compromised.
6. Google telemarketing calls - Watch out for parties calling and selling services claiming to have a special relationship with or claiming to be Google.
DON'T PANIC - Call us and we'll advise you accordingly.
Contact Us: 0510116999
Report the suspicious email, call or webpage directly with Google
Friday, July 10, 2020